This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

SIRAI p-stat change from 20 to 30A model

In short: The OPV aka safety valve started hissing. So I checked the contacts in the 20A SIRAI in my L1 v1. On one side they were sticky. So I 'cleaned' them and for some time this will work but I don't feel I can leave the machine on, while I am not present. So it is time to exchange the p-stat since there are no repair parts available for the SIRAI.

This seems pretty straightforward. Searched the permanent file and forum, but didn't see any remarks. Is there something I should be aware of?

Mark

Comments

• hi mark

we now only fit the 30A pressure switch to our machines - it is a far superior device in many respects - the surface area of the contacts is significantly greater than the 20A model and the adjustment mechanism is really nice in that it doesnt grab & bind like the 20A one does

kind regards

reiss
  • Hi Reiss,

Yeah, I know. Tomorrow I'll check if I can get a new p-stat locally, if not I will add it to my order that i wanted to make before January 1st :-) Is the exchange as easy as I think it is?

Mark
  • Yes it is. The usual rule about striking the end of your wrench with a hammer applies for both loosening and tightening the fittings, rather than just pulling smoothly (which is likely to distort the boiler)
  • Today I got the replacement. Wow, quite a difference! The 20A model looks like a toy compared to the 30A SIRAI. And indeed the exchange wasn't difficult. Sound is different, maybe a little less noisy.

Mark