This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

Wiggle shot

I'm new to lever machines and I didn't came across this topic. So I'm wondering, do you use a wiggle shot the clean the group head?

cheerio Mike

Attached files

Comments

• I do this after every brew session using a blind plug. It cleans everything and gives a good flush.

I’m not sure it’s really recommended as there is a good chance of scalding if the technique is not right.

I only need to change the PF seal every 12 to 18 months when I change the piston seals.
  • Thnkx Greg, I'ts a habit I picked up with pump machines.
  • I used to perform this same routine but stopped at some point in an attempt to cut down on water waste. What I found when I went in to perform my next seal change was remarkable: the difference in the cleanliness of the piston/lower group by not doing the wiggle was amazing. I believe, because there is no backflow in a lever machine, as there is in pump-driven machines, by doing the wiggle we are actually causing more "harm" than good. Better to leave it alone and not cause anything to move up into the lower group.

Of course, to each his own, but I like to keep things as tidy as possible.
  • Not sure the wiggle is necessary with lever machines like th L1. I don't plan on using it.
    Rob