This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

Custom Piston Seals - One Week On.

I received my custom piston seals for the L2 last week - thanks for getting them off to me so quickly Reiss.

I put them in last Monday night - far too late to sample a shot or two, but I left the machine on overnight in anticipation.

My first impressions on the Tuesday were laced with astonishment - I had expected a slight difference in flavor and possibly more consistency, but I was taken aback by the vivacity of the espresso I was suddenly making - really lively and bold compared to the previous week of the same bean - and indeed anything that has gone before.

Once I fine-tuned things a bit, I was consistently pulling extremely lively shots - something I really enjoy. If I had felt I was missing anything in switching to a lever machine, it was that sensation. But now it is there, time after time, and so far with each of the three different beans I have tried. I hate to use the "flavor leaping from the cup" cliche, but there it is. With the particular bean I am running at the moment, I am dragging out this real Amaretto taste - quite spectacular. When it first hits, you would swear you were drinking an almond-based syrup..

I am now finding it much easier to replicate shots and also define what effect small changes to prep, dose and technique have on the end result - making tweaking an enjoyable process.

Two thumbs up Londium / Reiss... well done!