This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

New Seals Solve Soupy Pucks and Lever Not Grabbing!

image My new seals arrived about a week ago and we just installed them. Comparing them to the old seals (new one sitting on top the old one in my hand) the new seals not only feel superior in terms of material and quality, but you can literally see the changes in design that were made. The V trough is a bit bigger and the inner sleeve of the ring comes up higher.

Installing them was a snap, just follow the video provided in the permanent file: https://londiniumespresso.com/forum?view=topic&catid=27&id=743&layout=unread

Prior to the new seals, we were having all kinds of problems with the pucks being very soupy, and the lever not grabbing at 45 degrees. Extraction was often messy, sputtering here and there and coming in random drips instead of a steady stream.

The new seals made an instant impact. The lever now grabs as it should, our pucks are dry, and look at this beautiful stream!

If you're having any issues with extraction or lever grabbing I HIGHLY recommend the new seals. They are totally worth it.

Comments

• How long have you had your L1? How many shots per day do you pour? Do you let her run 24/7?
  • Hey Mike!

We've had the L1 for a couple months, but we just had our opening weekend at the cafe. We probably pulled 150 shots in 2 days. The L1 performed beautifully. I was so pleased with how well the L1 can keep up with demand.

We do shut it off at night. It heats up so fast that I don't see the need to have it on all the time.