This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

Pstat and piston seal upgrade

After 2 years of good service, one morning my L1 began to whistle... After talking with Reiss we concluded that the Pstat sirai20 was dying. What I noticed when I heard that whistling is that the pressure on the dial was over 1,6 Bar. So the pressure valve did its job and opened. I ordered the Pstat Sirai30 which is now the standard pstat at Londinium and Reiss guided me trough Facetime for removing, unplugging, and installing the new one. I prefer the sound of the new Pstat and I did not have to change the pressure relief valve.

Reiss included new piston seals in the package and strongly suggested to change mines. So I did, when I opened the group, they looked ok, but as soon as I pulled them out, they broke into pieces... I guess 2 years, 4 hours of heating and 3-5 shots a day was enough for them. I looked at the video in the permanent file and it was easier than I thought to change them.

I must say it was time, the lever catch sooner and the infusion seems just better.. I have a brand new machine!!!

One important thing, when I removed the panels I notices that one connector was turning black... I disconnected it and it was loose and probably slightly sparking. The wire was becoming hot during first heating. I replaced the connector and the problem is solved. So if you see a connector that seems to be burning slowly, just replace it...

Thanks to Reiss for standing behind his machines even from his remote place...

Comments