This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

Leakage from the water intake pipe

hello

for the last few days i have notices a leakage from the water intake pipe.

which part do i need to replace? the pipe? the pipe including the silver metal part? can i connect regular water pipe straight to the gold element?

see picture attached

tnx

Comments

• hi ziv

thanks for posting

yes the braided stainless pressure hose will need to be replaced but it should be readily available and inexpensive - you dont need to buy it from us

try a general hardware store, bathroom shop, or plumber's merchant

the thread on the machine end is 3/8"BSP

kind regards

reiss.
  • thanks Reiss,

I don't understand from your answer if i need to replace only the braided stainless pressure hose, or should i need to replace the silver metal part?

how do i connect the braided stainless pressure hose to the silver metal part?

can you give me more details please

thanks
  • if you unscrew the hose from the machine you will see that the entire hose and fittings are a single component; the entire hose needs to be replaced (dont worry, they are inexpensive and readily available)

if you are only able to source a hose with straight fittings (i.e. without the 90 degree fitting) that will also work

kind regards

reiss.
  • sorry Reiss - i do not understand what do you mean?

Is the bent silver metal part need to be replaced?

I am trying to unscrew the hose without any success
  • unscrew the nut where it connects to the machine

then you will understand completely and perfectly how it is made

if not, come back to me
  • I just broke the other pipes while trying to unscrew the nut. :dry: :sick: :dry:

what now?

pictures attached.

very furstated
  • Not sure what you tried to do but this is what should have been unscrewed:

If you hold the brass thin nut secure with the proper tool, and turn the silver-colored one in the right direction (anti-clockwise if seen from the right end), while not twisting it or the combination any other way, the hose with its knee come off and can easily be replaced.

It looks as if you or someone else for you pushed or pulled the entire combination sideways so hard that you broke off a joint more inwards into the machine. Not a disaster, just more parts to order and replace for you.
  • well...

I've tried to unscrew the nut while securing the brass, but the silver nut just didn't open so i has to put more effort into it.

now i need to get the right parts and hope i will not break anything else while fixing this problem :unsure:
  • Consider it an excellent hands-on learning experience ;-)

If in doubt in such matters, it is always a good idea to stop the action and Facetime with Reiss before taking more drastic steps.
  • hi ziv

ok, I'm looking at this for you now. more very soon

reiss.
  • ok, i thought i had a used one here that you could have, but i dont. i will find the part on our parts list, add it to our web store and post here when i have done it

reiss.
  • Hi Reiss

Any news?

Regards,
    Ziv
  • yes, something for monday. friday was chaotically busy getting machines out the door I'm afraid.
  • I'm on the case

where frans has drawn one red circle on the image he could have drawn two red circles; one around each nut

have you got yourself a spanner/wrench to fit one nut and a second spanner/wrench to fit to the nut that the hose is threaded onto?

this way no load should be transferred to the rest of the assembly and nothing will break, regardless of how tight the hose has been fitted

if you haven't you need to get an extra wrench whilst you are waiting for me to send you the parts

avoid adjustable wrenches like the plague & avoid taking engineering advice from people who say 'they're fine!'

adjustable wrenches are very much a last resort, the sort of thing you use if your car has broken down on the side of the road and you are 4 hours away from help with no cell phone signal

i am making every effort to get this resolved and the part(s) you need added to the website before i go to sleep so you can order overnight and i will have the order to act upon in the morning

the only reason it isn't in the website is because it hasnt been asked for previously

reiss
  • Set spanner (good):
    NB: it does not have to be an expensive brand, set spanners of an acceptable quality for servicing espresso machines are readily available at very reasonable prices from many retailers

Adjustable spanner (bad):

• right Ziv

the part you need is here if you click on it: an 8mm tube stub with 1/4” BSP nut to 1/8” BSP male and it is GBP4.25

kind regards

reiss.
  • Reiss thanks

Does the part I need include the Black box attached to it?
  • no, it does not

you can unscrew the solenoid ('the black box') and remount it on the new part and you are back in business
  • Hi Reiss,

I just got the part i ordered (according to your instructions) from DHL, and surprisingly i think you sent me the wrong part.

when can we talk?

i really needs your help - its very frustrating to wait for the required part and when the part arrive to find out it's not the correct one. moreover, if you take into account the cost of shipment and the fact that all this time i can't use the machine.

waiting for your reply...
  • Well it's 02:15 here, but if you can post an image of the part you have been sent, that would get the process started.

Kind regards

Reiss
  • Sorry about the time - have no idea.

here are the pictures attached.

as you can see from the broke vs. new image this is totally different parts

Attached files

image image image
  • Hi ziv

Thanks for those, that makes it a bit easier

Well, the good news is id say you have been sent the correct part

To check can you please put a set spanner on the left nut on the original part and then on the left nut on the new part to check they are both the same size

Repeat for the right hand side

If the nuts differ in size can you please tell me old size and new size

It appears as though the part has evolved over time, but I think you'll find you have the correct part

Also, does the new part thread onto its counterpart, to both the left and the right? (Bear in mind you may need to clean the thread locker out of the thread that the factory has applied - that clear hard material on the thread)

Kind regards

Reiss
  • i wish that it was the correct part but i don't think so.

if you look at the broken vs. new part I've sent you, you can see that the right side of the new part is mach larger then the broken part, and that is the reason that it can't be connected into the machine
  • Well, does the left side thread in?

I still think you have the correct part, but perhaps the part it connects to on the right has also changed size, in which case I will need to send you that

Can you post an image that lines up the parts you are trying to connect into?

Kind regards

Reiss
  • it seems like the left side is ok, also it is very tight and i don't know if it will connect all the way.

as for the right part, it has a diameter of 17mm while the broken part has a diameter of 12mm only, and that is why he can't connect to the machine.
  • Ok.

If you can post an image of the component to the right that you are trying to connect to, ideally with a ruler showing the diameter of the male thread, it would help me help you later today when I raise the issue with my supplier

Kindcregards

Reiss
  • as you can see from the attached pictures, the part of the machine that connects to the right side of the broken part is about ~ 80mm, such as the inner diameter of the right broken part, while the inner diameter of the new part is ~ 140mm

Attached files

image image image
  • Cheers for that Ziv, much easier

With a bit of luck we can simply change out that stud for one of the diameter that matches the new larger nut you have

Whilst you are waiting for me to sort it, start delicately (i.e. Without damaging the soft brass thread) picking as much dried thread lock compound as you can out of the female thread on the part that you are connecting to on the left side. This will make assembly much easier

A tool like a paper clip bent in just the right might be helpful
  • issue raised, response expected shortly.
  • right Ziv, a replacement will be winging its way to you today on DHL Express

i apologise for not getting it right the first time; from what i can deduct the part you were sent the first time is for another machine

anyway, you should have it in a couple of days

more than happy to support you via FaceTime to get you up and running again, but please call me in at the start

kind regards

reiss.