This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

L2 Electrical question!

Hi guys. I've had problem last night with the plug, turned on the machine and after a while the fuse blows. I was on 15A fused plug. Reading back the manual saying (20amps) and on my first few post Reiss mentioned hard wiring or a 16amp plug to go away safely.

I've got a 32amp plug in hand right now. I have very basic knowledge on these so my question is that could i use the 32amp plug and socket for the L2? I've asked the guy who did my eletrical wiring for the truck and he said that everything should be ok but he's not sure about the machine.

Comments

• hi hafidz

you can use a 32A plug and socket for sure, but the issue is simply what current the circuit you are connected to is rated to carry

do you know what current the wiring is capable of carrying? failing that, what is the cross sectional area of the wire? - it may be stamped on the flex

i presume this circuit goes back to a fuse board?

what i am trying to say is you can connect the machine with a 32A plug and socket, but if the circuit it is wired to is not capable of carrying the current then it will continue to blow the fuse at the board

do make sure the circuit is fused with the correct fuse for the wire in the circuit - simply moving to a 32A fused plug & socket only transfers the load to the circuit

if the circuit isn't fused you run the risk of the wiring getting hot enough to start a fire (if the wiring is not heavy enough to carry the current that 4000W element will draw)

if you are popping a 16A i suspect your voltage is less than 240V (which will increase the current draw) as my L2 runs happily on a 16A circuit, although yes, a 20A circuit is ideal

kind regards

reiss