This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

L1-P P-Stat adjustment?

Curious if anyone has tinkered with p-stat on the l1-P from the factory 1.3bar setting and has any insights to share?

Comments

• hey ben

how is your setup with the reverse osmosis removed? very interested to hear about the change

my suggestion with all our cold fed HX machines (not the L1) is to flex the brew temp by experimenting with pre-shot flushes

so for example, a pre-shot flush of 30mL will impact the taste in the cup noticeably

so, if i had a medium dark roast i might pull a pre shot flush of perhaps 30mL, and if i had a dark roast i might pull a pre-shot flush of 60mL, etc

for a light roast i most likely wouldn't pull any pre-shot flush

let us know how you get on

best

reiss.
  • Reiss,

The results after my change to resin and carbon treated water from RO is still inconclusive. I am having persistent extraction issues. To keep the thread on topic I PMed you more info on Skype and will report on the forum here once I get the underlying issues resolved. Thanks for your help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Ah well, perhaps post it in a thread here as I didn't receive it as my Skype account is currently locked until I can convince Skype that I am the owner of the account :P
  • My L2 is currently running at 1.1(ish) bar. This is working really well for me with the medium roasts I'm enjoying at present. I haven't noticed any negative side effects. I understand via Reiss that it might pay to dial back up for lighter roasts if I venture down that path.

It's worth mentioning that the L2 is probably highly under-utilised in my setting, and this may have a bearing on why I have found contentment in the lower setting.
  • Edit: the above should read 1.2(ish) bar