This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

Londinium 1P Startup Issue

I had to store my L1P for about 4 months while I was in the process of building a new home. Upon startup, I am having an issue getting water to the group. Water is connected to the machine, currently at 55 PSI line pressure, I increased this in an attempt to get water to feed to the heat exchanger. No issues getting water into the boiler and everything else seems to work as it should.

Thanks in advance for any help that you can offer.

Justin

Comments

• Hi Justin

That's really odd as the HX lines are unregulated from the point of water connection to the machine

Can you call me on FaceTime, or Skype if you prefer

Reiss
  • reiss post=11354 wrote: Hi Justin

That's really odd as the HX lines are unregulated from the point of water connection to the machine

Reiss

Hi Reiss,

Thanks for the quick response. I thought it was odd as well. I can FaceTime you tomorrow afternoon when I am back in front of the machine. Where can I find your number or FaceTime info?

Thanks again,
    Justin
  • [email protected] post=11355 wrote: [quote=reiss post=11354]Hi Justin

Reiss

Hi Reiss,

Thanks for the quick response. I thought it was odd as well. I can FaceTime you tomorrow afternoon when I am back in front of the machine. Where can I find your number or FaceTime info?

Thanks again,
    Justin

Never mind Reiss, I found it in the pinned post. I will talk with you tomorrow. Thanks!
  • Reiss,

Oddly enough after sitting overnight with water pressure applied to the machine, the heat exchanger and group are now getting fed.

Yesterday when I left the machine, if you pulled the lever, nothing would come out except a small amount of steam when the machine was warmed up. Came back to the machine today and was about to FaceTime you and when I pulled the lever with the machine powered off, water was dispensed from the group. Seems to be fine now. The only thing that I see in the path from the water manifold to the group water feed is the over pressure valve for the heat exchanger, perhaps some debris was stuck in this valve?

Happy to have the machine back.... It was a long 4 months without the Londinium! It now sits in a purpose built spot in my new kitchen.

Thanks again Reiss, I will let you know if I have further issues.

Justin
  • Hi Justin. Would you mind posting an image of what you are looking at as I can't quite visualise any regulation in that circuit. The only thing I can think of is it was full of air and the lever needed to be held down for a while before the incoming water displaced it. Kind regards, Reiss
  • Hi Reiss,

Sure, see attached.

The circled device is the only thing in the path from the water inlet to the heat exchanger. One side is fed from the line from the water inlet manifold, the other end feeds the heat exchanger. There is a silicone rubber hose that discharges from this device to the drip tray cup. I had thought it was an overpressure device to relieve pressure in the heat exchanger when the system heats up, I could certainly be wrong.... I was assuming this.

The issue definitely wasnt timing, I had the lever in the down position for several minutes and you could not hear water flowing or air coming from the group,

Thanks,
    Justin
  • hi justin

yes you are quite correct, that is only a non-return valve (check valve in north america) (with an expansion valve coming in from the side to relive any hydraulic pressure from thermal expansion of the cold incoming water, which drains out to the drip tray) so id be quite surprised if that was at fault, but i suppose it is possible

i don't know how long you held the lever down for after you plumbed it back up again, but you would need to leave the lever locked down for a little while before you displaced all the air in the circuit

anyway, its all good now it seems - thanks for posting!

kind regards

reiss.
  • Thanks Reiss, Excellent responsiveness as usual. Proud to own one of these machines.

I don't share nearly enough in this forum, so here are a few photos of the L1P in its new home. I had this area of the kitchen specifically built for the Londinium, it is certainly a great addition to the new kitchen.

Now time for some long awaited espresso.

Attached files

• thank you for taking the time to post justin - your L1-P looks great in the new space