This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

Excellent LONDINIUM II shots, but whats this?

The L2 just keeps getting better for me. My wife has learned how to use it now and has started sending me messages at work telling me about the flavours she is dragging out of her new favorite Colombian SO.. Paula enjoys the hands-on aspects of L2 - which is great - she has never really been interested in coffee machines before we invested in the Londinium.

I have noticed a few times when running shots that the espresso seems to have a shiny metallic quality to it in parts - it's almost like a gold leaf crust on the surface of the liquid - there for a moment, then gone as it flows into the cup... anyone got any idea what it is?

We have taken a few pictures of this phenomena but this one captures it pretty well - you can see the little crisps of gold especially on the right of the image. :-)

Attached files

Comments

• hi cade

i expect they are very fine bubbles in the crema

thanks for posting

reiss.
  • Thanks Reiss - I'm not sure myself... not that I am concerned in any way. The gold fleck adds to the already seductive allure of the shot running. Here is one of Paula's from this morning - tamp wasnt perfect, but the espresso was outstanding...

She seems to get more and more enjoyment from the L2 - which is amazing really, as even though she loves a nice espresso, making them herself has never been an interest. She says she really feels like part of the process with it. This is most excellent. Now to convince her that a new grinder is essential to maximize her (my) experience :-)

Attached files