This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

Parts In Canada

Hi,

Has anyone found a supplier for group and portafilter seals in Canada or that will ship to Canada for a reasonable price.

Thanks
Doug

PS. Reiss, it would be lovely if you folks could ship seal kits using Her Majesties mail. It would save us folks in the colonies a bunch of money.

Comments

• hi doug
    we could, but there are a few issues
    primarily it relates to chargebacks: if we don't use a track and trace method of delivery and the customer alleges to Paypal merchant services that the goods did not arrive they will automatically put the chargeback through
    we could use a Royal Mail track and trace service but its pretty poor in my experience, pitifully slow, and stuff does go missing, especially small items like an envelope of seals and especially at peak times like thanksgiving and christmas and i spend hours and hours trying to locate missing consignments - i simply haven't got the bandwidth to engage in that kind of admin activity: not a single thing has ever gone missing with DHL
    i also want to keep all our business ex birmingham with DHL wherever possible to keep our good rates
    finally we have now enhanced our website such that a single order, with say a machine and coffee in it, can calculate a composite rate comprising DHL ex Birmingham for the machine and the coffee ex Auckland with FEDEX or some other carrier. to add in Royal Mail as a third element would bring a lot of complexity, which I'm certainly not ready to add at the present time

what i dont understand is why i see customers place orders time and again for a couple of seals
    up to about 1-1.5Kg on international is essentially a fixed charge so you might as well order a few spares and simply store them in the cupboard unto you need them
    so, that is the background to why things are the way they are
    for the meantime i honestly can't see us changing this
    reiss.
  • Doug
    I order from EspressoParts and pick up south of the border.
    I'm planning to go there early March. PM me and we can work something out.

An interesting alternative might come from Cafelat in a couple of month...

My experience with H. M. Royal Mail is only positive - usually I get packages from UK faster than Canada Post from Montreal, but I totally understand Reiss's business case.
  • Thanks Victor,

I dropped a note to EspressoParts and they will ship using USPS, even though it is not shown as a option on their checkout screen. The shipping cost to me for a gasket order turns out to be $8. It takes about 2 weeks for items shipped from the western USA to get to my place, but the price is much less than courier charges and includes brokering through customs, which usually is an add on charge from the big couriers. So, problem solved.

Cheers