This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

New L1 not heating

Just recieved my L1 today. Followed the manual, removing the red clip, turning it off a couple of times to fill the boiler

Then the red light came on, and I waited...and waited. Nothing, not heating up at all

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Check the thermo fuse that might have popped out during transportation...
    There is a tiny button on the heating element, right between the connectors - push it in. Just remember to disconnect the power cord BEFORE you stick your fingers there

• image i'm no electrician but is that clip supposed to be bare?
  • I have tried pressing the tiny button. I take it it is the one I am showing in the picture. It wobbles about a bit but doesn't exactly press in or pull out
  • The thermal fuse is engaged as supposed to be, however the wire is not connected to the one leg of the heating element (it is not supposed to be bare)

Can you see a hanging wire with a plastic cover not connected to anything close by? If so - connect it to (push onto) the 'bare clip'
  • have skyped with thomas a few hours ago - thermal fuse damage in transit i expect. replacement will be despatched later today with DHL

thank you for your contributions here Victor, your support in covering for me across time zones is much appreciated

kind regards

reiss.