This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

Comments

• hi frans. thank you for taking the time to document that, it looks great

tell me, obviously the liquid gets hot from the steam, but does the heat effectively transfer to the solids in such a short period of time, or were you steaming it for quite some time to get it completely heated through?

i goes what i am asking is does it result in hot liquid, yet lumps of solid material that is still cold? (or is it all at a nice, uniform temperature?)

kind regards

reiss.
  • Chris Reeve + Reiss Gunson = my kinda cooking :-)

Got to hand it to you Frans, you have taste!
  • Thanks! Indeed, working with sublime tools is very very pleasant and there the Chris Reeve materials match the engineering of Londinium ;-)

• Indeed! I have my eye on a Benchmade 761.. but that will be a whole off.. The old Walter Brend Talon will see a few more seasons... :-)
  • (Googled it) The Talon looks very slick with a beautiful blade as wel, quite impressive.
  • Reiss Gunson post=10757 wrote: hi frans. thank you for taking the time to document that, it looks great

tell me, obviously the liquid gets hot from the steam, but does the heat effectively transfer to the solids in such a short period of time, or were you steaming it for quite some time to get it completely heated through?

i goes what i am asking is does it result in hot liquid, yet lumps of solid material that is still cold? (or is it all at a nice, uniform temperature?)

kind regards

reiss.

I did not notice this message before, the notification ended up in my spam folder, strangely enough. The soup started cold, the heating up goes very fast and effective. I can recommend trying it out!
  • ok! when the season turns here i will be doing that frans - hopefully not for many months ;) !