This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

Group basket install??

Am I missing something here. I took the group basket off to clean it and can not get it up far enough!!! The portafilter will not go on now.. Im sure its something simple?!
Thanks

Comments

• Well, I just hit it lightly with a rubber hammer. All is well.
    Thanks
  • Good!

A less 'violent' way to fit the "shower screen" :

1) make sure the rubber ring is fitted the right way up (there's a minute difference between top and bottom of the ring on the inside)

2) push it up with your fingers as far as you can

3) take a portafilter WITHOUT the filter basket and lock it in as well as you can. Usually the shower screen is then fitted perfectly.
  • Thanks Frans. I knew there was an easier way... I know we have been over this, but to leave the PF on or off while the machine is on??
  • Gene Flynn post=10531 wrote: leave the PF on or off while the machine is on??

My advice: choose one method and stick to that for a long time. I used to always leave it off between shots, but after visiting and interviewing some baristas in their workplace and seeing a dozen baristas at work during a competition earlier this week, I decided to leave it on for a while, like most of them do.

I think one way is as good as the other and sticking to it enables you to change one single other variable, dose, grind setting, tamping et cetera.

Keep one method in mind as starting point and then carefully deviate from it in one aspect, and see what happens and what you prefer. It's fun and educational and you can't "get lost".
  • Thank you Frans. Sure is educational.. My dark blends require much harder tamp then my single origin lights.. Then it also depends on the humidity. Im in the South of USA and I am always fighting the humidity with the grinds/tamp.. I have a hygrometer right next to my grinders.. ha ha. I still dont have a scale. I use my scoop. 2 scoops per basket seems to work well. It keeps me sharp.. :ohmy:
  • thank you Frans for replying to this - I'm on the road yesterday and today with L1 and L2

Attached files