This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

i have all the time in the world for helping you

some people seem to labour under the misapprehension that i am unapproachable

i genuinely do not believe this to be the case

i am more than happy to take FaceTime (or Skype) calls from anyone, any time outside of say midnight to 6am & by appointment i am willing to converse during those hours too. i am usually in New Zealand and given most phones have a world clock app on them, or just google 'what is the time in Auckland now?' it isn't too difficult to arrange

it is true that while i am always willing to listen to your ideas for improving things, i have a lot less time for how you might have designed the product if you had built it, or if you come back to push a second time if you don't see your ideas in production in short order, but that is not something i feel overly apologetic about. there is always a reason why things are the way they are, even if it isn't apparent when viewed from the outside

this approach frees up my time to be available to help you with any training or questions you may require on any aspect of using your machine. please be assured that i am very patient in matters that relate to understanding and using and maintaining the machine; these are things where my input can make a measurable difference to the quality of the coffee that ends up in your cup

it is also true that i can become frustrated if you try and use email to resolve what i regard as inappropriate issues, for example, please tell me how to improve my milk texturing, or please tell me how to do latte art. i am very happy to assist you with these things but i consider email to be an unsuitable method of communication for resolving these kind of issues. in the time it takes to bounce emails back and forth ten times it would have been far quicker for you to call me on FaceTime and you will receive a much higher quality response, and faster too with much less ambiguity. time and again email proves inadequate for allowing you to accurately describe the issue you have, which in turn makes it challenging for me to offer the correct solution

FaceTime, or Skype, are truly incredible, revolutionary products for a business like this and they are essentially free, so please avail yourself of these tools

once you have used them you will be a fan for life i think. i have an acceptable internet connection with 60mbps down and 30 up, so you can expect a decent image quality

i implore you to try FaceTime, or Skype instead of email

kind regards

reiss.

Comments

• I will vouch for this. I had a very slight issue with an L1 I purchased this week and Reiss could not have been more helpful and approachable over the two FaceTime calls we had (the second was due to me not paying attention in the first one!)
    All sorted now and I am enjoying the learning curve of my first lever machine
    Thanks Reiss