This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

Group head leaking from top

Hi folks

I use the L1 daily and it's great. There were a few teething problems when I bought it, but all fixed in early July by adding new piston seals and lubing up properly. So I've had 4 months of trouble free use.

Last night I poured a shot, and water started pouring out of the top seal between the top and bottom parts of the group head. It seemed to be pouring out from all sides. This happened again this morning. Although it didn't happen just now when I returned from work.

Can anyone help me fix this?

Tobin

Comments

• I assume you always have a spare set of the 3 piston seals ready and if so, my suggestion would be to replace the seals carefully, also using the Loxeal no. 4
  • hi tobin

whilst it is pretty clear what has happened, i have not heard of it happening before on a machine that is only 5 months old

i will send you another set of seals, but be sure to use plenty of grease this time before you present the top half of the group to the bottom half - have the shower screen off and then pump the lever 30 times to drive the excess grease to the bottom, wipe off the excess grease and fit the screen

even wth a machine on all the time the seals shouldnt be failing in this way for at least 18 months

best

reiss.
  • Thanks Reiss.

Yup, don't mind changing the seals every 2 years so that's good to hear.

We did use a lot of grease, and pumped 30 times, but I'll use even more this time.

Maybe we reduced the lifespan of the seals when we put them on last time. It was difficult! Is there a video of how to do that?

Frans, thanks for the help too, we'll be more careful!

Tobin
  • My bet is that the group sleeve has probably popped out.

Take out the top half of the group when the machine is *cold*, then try to push the group sleeve down by applying pressure with both hands.

Kfir.
  • its possible, but again, it hasn't been reported before i don't believe