This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

Londinium L1 Query

Hi Reiss

Like Ryan in the "Any items to accompany an L1 purchase" topic I am also 99.9% certain of buying an L1 - I currently have a 15 year old Gaggia classic. I purchased an HG one grinder earlier this year so that would go very nicely with the L1.

My question is: in your blog of 12 October you mentioned there will be no L1 - S and that the L1 would remain unchanged. However in your blog of 31 October in point 5 you say that as of 1 Jan 2016 you will be focusing on the Londinium manual lever espresso machine. Does this mean that the L1 will be getting an update / mod and should I wait until then or is the L1 going to remain as is for a good while yet?

One final question, how long does it take from placing an order to receiving a machine (I live in the UK).

Many thanks,
Bruce

Comments

• hi bruce

thank you for your enquiry

i am developing an enhancement kit for existing L1 owners

this is likely to include a better pump, a second pressure switch, and some plumbing bits

it is easy to fit and light and small enough to ship around the world quickly and inexpensively

in approaching it this way we are ensuring that we extend any development benefits to the existing owner base - i think it is very important to include them as their sheer number is one of the most powerful assets i have to call upon from a marketing perspective: there are a lot of L1s out there now

kind regards

reiss