This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

Can I run an L1-P off a water tank?

Would love some input from current L1-P or L2 owners on using a tank.

What type of pump system?

What is the setup? Pictures always welcome.

Comments

• this from L1 & L2 owner Callum, who might pop up here as he is registered

My advice to anyone wanting to flojet properly. 15litres of water at 45psi, follow it up with a PRV to restrict and stabilise it and it's as good as line pressure.

Cost: £30

i take the tank in the image above to be a pressurised stainless tank from a RO (reverse osmosis) system
  • PRV definition, please?
  • sorry, pressure reducing valve (what i understand you refer to as a regulator in the States)
  • Is a regulator/PRV only needed if not using an accumulator (R.O. Tank)?
  • What Callum says is to use a regulator on a pressurised RO tank

This will allow you to alter the pressure/ensure it is consistent at all levels in the tank

You could drop him a PM (Callum Biggin)
  • Where in the chain would the regulator be placed? after the tank or prior to the tank?

I can see a regulator being useful to control the mains pressure prior to entering an RO system, however the pressure leaving the RO tank is regulated by the volume of water in the bladder of the RO tank.

To influence the pressure of water leaving the tank, the solution is a DEMAND or DELIVERY PUMP.

See here: http://www.purewaterproducts.com/aquatec-booster-pumps

So is it a regulator (mains pressure reduction, prior to tank), or a Demand/Delivery pump (control water from tank into L1-P)?
  • This drawing is helpful, thank you Reiss.

The Flojet BW4000 max output pressure is 2.7bar or 40psi. Is this sufficient for the L1-P? Is there another type that is recommended?

Is anyone familiar with this system and know if the output pressure is capable of filling the "RO Tank/Accumulator"?
  • that's from Callum. I'm trying to get his account sorted out. he received your DM but was unable to reply

I've deleted his account and when he re-registers i will add permissions back on and see if we can get it to work

reiss.