This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

prep methods / rituals on the L1

Hi all,

I should have my demo L1 with me tonight and so wanted to check with regular users what is your standard prep procedure on your L1? I'm hoping to keep the faff factor to a minimum, which apparently is doable according to Dave/CC - not sure I can believe him ;) the machine will be used with a custom built 71mm grinder (the infamous ZR71) and I'm seriously looking forward to taste the results.

Cheers,
Tom

Comments

• I assume you've seen the videos that Trevor Watters and I posted last year? One basic routine is demo'd there.
  • Apologies for the newb (knob ? :) ) like approach, should've done more research really, although in my defence I wanted to simply say hello to everyone here. Not that I remembered to include that in the original post :)

Off to watch the vid now...

T.
  • hi tom

thanks for posting, and welcome. it would be great to see a video of your ZR71 in action with your L1 sometime

the permanent file within this part of the forum might be a good place to start as i have tried to only place articles with an enduring value in there (you will need to be logged in to access that area)

kind regards

reiss.

Glad to help you Tom!

M. :evil:
  • For Tom:

:evil:
  • Time for a little bit of magic Tom......

:evil:
  • Cheers Reiss, will definitely post videos when I get the machine running. Things changed a bit and I'm picking it up tomorrow, hopefully with enough time left in the day to come back home and try it out.

Thanks for the photo story Mark, are you from Poland by any chance? I can see an onet.pl based email address.

T.
  • Hi Tom,

Not that quick Tom, still 2762 images left....... :whistle: Yes, of course I have been following your ZR-71 project (from the beginning); too bad it likely won't be available.....

Yes, I am based near Warsaw. But I am not polish (yet)! :-) Didn't know that this was visible.... not a good idea .... :oops:

M.
  • Hi Mark

Keep the photos coming :) what grinder are you currently using? Looks like a pretty fluffy grind to me.

I'm using Tapatalk and I can see all email address next to the user icon, apart from Reiss which only has his name. Not sure why it's visible, fingers crossed its not visible for people who are not registered...

T.
  • Hi Tom
    Tom Jagiello post=10127 wrote:
    Keep the photos coming :) what grinder are you currently using? Looks like a pretty fluffy grind to me.

Photos: Enough, I think. Just a bit of satire, clear for the insiders, I guess. :) Grinder is HG-1 83mm, first batch. Pretty happy with it. Only 'real' problems are 1) the time it takes to grind when there are guests 2) that light and maybe medium roasts as well, ask for too much handpower. (IMHO). Haven't seen a satisfying motorizing mod for this first version. Currently I am more and more thinking of buying an electric grinder. Unfortunately WAF plays a role, so I cannot have two grinders on the counter ... :silly:

Tom Jagiello post=10127 wrote:
    fingers crossed its not visible for people who are not registered...

Yeah, I know, but still..... I don't like it. And I found out that I cannot change it, :silly: :sick: :angry: damn!

@Reiss: Could it be made hidden, please!!

M.