This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

water tap dripping

My water tap is dripping. Is this simply a matter of replacing the seal? Can I buy the seal without getting the full service kit (unfortunately I've just bought 4 gasket seal kit)?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Hi Roland

Is the plunger sticking, causing it to remain slightly depressed? (Resulting in the valve being slightly open?)

ie does a little jiggle of the toggle cause the spring to push the plunger out, and in doing so stopping the leak?

If this is your situation simply unscrew the valve end cap, wipe all the dirty grease out with a rag, check the o-rings are still elastic, and then lube it up with a little fresh loxeal on the working surfaces and you should be back in business

You'll only need new seals if you discover they are hard and brittle, in which case you will need the service kit, which has every seal for the machine

Best
    Reiss.
  • Thanks for your very swift reply, Reiss.
    Yes, jiggling seems to help - I'll try cleaning and re-lubing.

Roland
  • I'd be most surprised if the seals have gone as I don't know of a single machine where they have
  • Interesting, my steam tap has been doing that for a long time... I hardly ever use it for myself now, having eschewed milk, but I have couple of friends that like the old flattie, and a quick jiggle always stems the tide.

Should I be bothered to pull my valve apart Reiss? Am I going to die, if I leave it alone? :)
  • 'Should I be bothered to pull my valve apart?' - Yes, it's very easy, only takes a couple of minutes.

'Am I going to die, if I leave it alone?- Yes. But then so are we all. Even the Londinium cannot save us from mortality.
  • Ta Rolo...

I'll get onto it...

right now...