This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

LONDINIUM I - S

the good news is a LONDINIUM I - S exists

however I'm not entirely happy with it and have decided against sending it to New Zealand this week

there was a push to get it ready this week before some key people take a summer holiday, but it would be a mistake to rush it

i don't doubt that it performs in the cup, but i want the L1-S to deliver more than just that - i want to work in some more refinements, after all the objective is that it is as close as possible to the L1-P ownership experience for owners that don't want the hassle of plumbing in a machine

there will be further updates when we've had a chance to mull things over a bit and decide how we want to go forward

reiss.

Comments

• update:

I've given the L1-S quite a lot of thought, and discussed it with a number of people

I've decided that for commercial reasons we will never be offering more than one version of the L1; all we will do is split the volume over two models for a nominal lift in sales

from discussing it with others the expectation of the market is clear - they expect me to develop what i consider to be the best tank fed lever machine and offer it for sale

they do not expect to be given two models and left to choose which one is best for them

the more i have thought about it, the more sense it makes. we offer a mains fed lever espresso machine in one, two, or three groups

we then try to emulate that experience with a tank fed lever machine, the LONDINIUM I

a clear, simple, and unambiguous product range

as a result, there will only ever be one model of L1 offered
  • That's good thinking Reiss. Does that mean future L1 will have a different pump (with higher pressure)? And if it's the case, will we be able to mod our existing L1 then?
  • hi there!

fair and reasonable questions, but i am not yet in a position to answer them

kind regards

reiss.