This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

Forum improvements

Hi all,

Image handling on the forum has now been significantly upgraded.

The image above is nearly 3MB, and 3300 X 1400 in dimensions.

It'll cope at somewhat larger sizes than that, but that could be considered excessive.

K

Comments

• what it means is you should now be able to post any image taken on an iPhone/ipad/similar consumer device straight into the forum, without the need to re-save it at a reduced size first

obviously if you are taking images on an SLR you will still need to reduce the file size, but if you are using SLR level gear you will be proficient in such matters, so its not really an issue

r.
  • Just a quick update that we've found the bug that was causing slowdowns in loading the PayPal hosted payment setup.

We'd been told that it wasn't resolvable, but it turns out not to be the case.

If you prefer to use that method, it's now working much faster.
  • we are also very close to being in a position to launch the new website. some of the benefits will be visible, for example you should see a speed increase that is significant in the sense you won't need to measure to know its faster. another critical change that has been killing the business since i moved back to new zealand is the ability to ship from multiple locations - this means that we will be very competitive purveyors of speciality coffee for the Australian and New Zealand markets - i expect we will be no more expensive for Australian customers to purchase than if they purchased from their local supplier, like for like in terms of the bean of course

you can expect our focus to shift to the very best beans for single origin espresso that money can buy as we are low volume roasters and i roast and pack every bean myself. others talk of being artisan businesses but we are actually doing it by utilising technology wherever we can to free up our time for the critical customer facing areas: customer service and exceptional coffee beans that are expertly roasted every batch, not just now and then. there are no staff to screw these things up - i execute all the key tasks personally

other areas of the website bring benefits to the business that are not customer facing, such as dynamic referencing of the correct shipping rate when an order is placed. to date we have struggled by with a flat file of over 500,000 DHL rates which have been difficult to maintain. the new version of the website is also a lot more robust and will be a lot more resistant to the introduction of new versions going forward. all in all it will offer you the customer a lot more pleasing experience and hopefully make kelsey's life a bit easier too

thank you for bearing with us - it has taken us longer than expected to release this new version but i promise you that it will be worth the wait for all parties involved

reiss.
  • Hi All, latest forum improvement:

You can post again!

Sorry about that, we had an overactive security system blocking everything after the upgrade.

The forum is now significantly faster than it was previously. It's on a beta template however, so there may be some oddities that crop up.

Image handling has also been improved.
  • That's better!
    Great improvement Reiss and Kelsey. Well done
  • hi trevor
    thank you for taking the time to comment
    tomorrow we will add the clever shipping module that will handle the composite shipping rates for all orders, whether shipped from England, New Zealand, or a bit from both locations
    kelsey has a bottle of scotch heading his way as a small token of my appreciation for all his work on delivering us a world class website. i simply don't know of any of our competitors who has a website that is delivering more than what we have now
    merry xmas!
    reiss.
  • Well done guys, I only really use Tapatalk and there is a vast improvement.

Sent from my SM-T230 using Tapatalk
  • Quick question though, can user names be changed from email addresses?

Sent from my SM-T230 using Tapatalk
  • Thank you Spencer. Send me an email and I'll action.
  • Spencer Worsey post=10689 wrote: Quick question though, can user names be changed from email addresses?

Hi Spencer, unfortunately not - usernames are forced to email addresses because the ecommerce system requires them to be email addresses.