This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

What Italians like

I've played host in my London apartment for the last few days to a number of Italians. What they are used to are single shots (14g of liquid made with 7g of coffee), so that is what I have been pulling for them (with a 7g Strada basket). I've been using an Italian blend that I get from a roaster in Venice, so that too is familiar.

Of course, they are polite people, but I do believe they have been sincere in their expressed pleasure at finding coffees in London that equal (or even exceed) what they get in Italian bars.

Unsurprisingly, given the fact that the L1 is essentially an Italian design, it is the perfect machine to knock-out any number of Italian-stye espressos.

Matt

Comments

• Matthew Hoffman post=9756 wrote: I've played host in my London apartment for the last few days to a number of Italians. What they are used to are single shots (14g of liquid made with 7g of coffee), so that is what I have been pulling for them (with a 7g Strada basket). I've been using an Italian blend that I get from a roaster in Venice, so that too is familiar.

Of course, they are polite people, but I do believe they have been sincere in their expressed pleasure at finding coffees in London that equal (or even exceed) what they get in Italian bars.

Unsurprisingly, given the fact that the L1 is essentially an Italian design, it is the perfect machine to knock-out any number of Italian-stye espressos.

Matt

Once you get the hang of it the 7g baskets can produce some darn good straight shot. Nice to hear that the Italian contingent liked what they were getting from the L-1