This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

Londinium's upcoming manual lever machine

I read with some excitement on the July 1 blog entry (Canada day, eh?) that one of Londinium's next models "will be a small manual lever machine."

I realize that this will happen perhaps a year from now, but I would just like to express my desire for this machine. I will put down a deposit now. I'm serious.

The two manual lever machines in the market have their pluses and minuses, but neither has appealed to me for some reason.

I have spring lever machines and enjoy the espresso from them immensely - but my Rossa HC has whetted my desire for a small manual lever; a machine that, if needed, can be reasonably taken from place to place.

Please count me in for Londinium's manual lever.

Comments

• Me too. I'm confident this little lever will replace my travel-Pavoni
  • hi craig

thank you for taking the time to register and express a vote of confidence

yes, the LONDINIUM manual will be our most demanding project to date, even though it will be our entry level machine

another variant of the L1, the L1-S, will appear before our manual machine

best

reiss.
  • the smaller manual lever will certainly provide the end user with an entry point into the amazing espresso that londinium products produce!
  • When might we expect more information on the L1-S? It sounds like a very tempting proposition, but waiting for it will delay my entry into lever-land. :(
  • Frans Goddijn post=9604 wrote: Me too. I'm confident this little lever will replace my travel-Pavoni
    I'm confident that you will have #1 B).
    Reiss Gunson post=9605 wrote: yes, the LONDINIUM manual will be our most demanding project to date, even though it will be our entry level machine
    I will be fascinated by the possibilities. Someday someone will hopefully make something like the Gaggia Achille (without the Achille's issues).
    John Ladd post=9612 wrote: When might we expect more information on the L1-S? It sounds like a very tempting proposition, but waiting for it will delay my entry into lever-land. :(
    Sorry about the confusion; I thought that the manual lever was the next.
  • I can tell you that the L1-S(pecial) will sit around GBP2000, between the L1-P and the L1

I am trying to shoe horn a rotary pump in and a few other tricks

The casing and dimensions will all be the same as the L1 - all the modifications are 'under the hood'

My goal is to try and deliver L1-P performance in a plug and play tank machine

I'm not even sure we will succeed, but I'm giving it a go

Expect an update in August

R
  • Thanks Reiss. I look forward to the update.

If you can't fit the rotary pump in there, maybe you can just put a connector on the side and attach a bicycle pump. :) Frans can probably hook you up with a knowledgeable design guy.
  • John Ladd post=9640 wrote: attach a bicycle pump. :) Frans can probably hook you up with a knowledgeable design guy.

;-) yes!

By the way, that 'design guy' has promptly been hired full time by Kees van der Westen so he's currently not available for free lance assignments.
  • Yes, Please I was always wanted a manual lever machine that has build in coffee puck pressure gauge and boiler gauge ( That would be perfect world ) :)
  • hi lee

i can't promise what it will and won't have just yet, but i appreciate your interest in the project

best

reiss.
  • Thank you Reiss :lol:
  • Tze Kiong Lee post=9732 wrote: Yes, Please I was always wanted a manual lever machine that has build in coffee puck pressure gauge and boiler gauge ( That would be perfect world ) :)

These would be a very nice touch!
  • Thank you Brother Stephen, You may not know, I read almost your post in Home Barista and congratulations on your New Machine The LI-P and hope you enjoy your coffee everyday morning ;)
  • An entry level Londinium machine would be exactly what I would buy as someone who has never owned a machine but always dreamed of owning one.
  • Tze Kiong Lee post=9757 wrote: Thank you Brother Stephen, You may not know, I read almost your post in Home Barista and congratulations on your New Machine The LI-P and hope you enjoy your coffee everyday morning ;)

And thank you Mr. Lee for taking the time to wade through all that stuff :-)

I do enjoy the shots from the L1-P :-)