This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

Alternative piston gaskets australia

Hi all

I am looking for alternative piston gasket v seals in Australia. I have come across these ones for the Astoria/CMA levers http://www.coffeeparts.com.au/astoria/700708 ; they appear to be the same as the ones on epnw, does anyone know any more details on these the part number is 700708. I couldn't log into the L1 owners support forum, so am posting on this. Reiss if you do read this, do you have an alternative to buying these seals from the UK as parts and postage is about au$80, and I don't need anything at the moment to bulk up the order.

Kind regards

Brendan

Comments

• I use the Astoria piston seals successfully and I also use the "Old style" Astoria Group Gasket, even if it is .5mm thicker causing the PF to lock in at a slightly different position. Good luck getting them in Australia :-)
  • The Fiorenzato piazza san marco seals also fits (same group).

If I remember correctly even the Bezzera Strega seals will fit ...
  • i think those will work - its worth a shot brendan

ps - i have deleted the new profile you created and added permissions to your original profile

this issue occurred because you purchased your machine prior to this web platform being in existence

you should now have full access

kind regards

reiss.
  • Thanks for the advice guys, I managed to source some Astoria gaskets from what I could find the only company in Australia (coffee parts.com.au) that seems to sell piston gaskets, correct me if I'm wrong though. I will give them a shot, pun intended!!
  • The Astoria seals are not quite as good as the ones Riess supply's, they do the job but seem to loose the flared shape quickly, the cafelat ones might be interesting, especially if they ship from hongkong. Also, I found loxeal 4, if you need this stuff, Reece plumbing sell it $19.95au for the 80g tube (26 left in the Pymble store), that's if you ever run out and happen to be in Australia, I think I saw James Springfield mention this some time ago.