This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

LONDINIUM II owners

2»

Comments

• We installed the L II and E92 today at Pangaea Bakery. Here is a photo of it resting, took the PFs out just before shutting it down for the night. I'll be in tomorrow morning to make sure things go smoothly.

Oddly enough I had to change the grind setting on the e92 enough that I had to unscrew and move the adjustment lever when moving it from the warehouse to Pangaea Bakery. Same grinder, same dose, same tamp, same line pressure regulator, same water softener & filter combo, just a physically different location that is about 300' higher in elevation. Welcome to Prescott!

They were happy to get this machine, it will certainly make them stand out locally.

Anyone looking to stop by - Pangaea Bakery, 220 W. Goodwin St. Prescott AZ Ph 928-778-2953

Give me a head's up and I'll meet you there :)

Attached files

• hi richard

thank you for taking the time to post, it is appreciated

kind regards

reiss.
  • Surprisingly the e92 doesn't have the same anti-static/clumping system the e37s has. Only a simple flap. Right now it's putting out some clumps, which I HOPE is due to the new-ness (relatively speaking) of the burrs.
  • once seasoned the e92 does not need a flap at all, i removed mine completely to evaluate the capability of it at single dosing and never replaced it afterwards, it is a super slow spinner and lovely grind consistency, plus such an easy grinder to keep clean.
  • sebastien in quebec should receive his L2 this week. very much looking forward to reading about it.
  • Got the L2 but had many problems with the plumbing to be able to install the L2. I also had some problems too with the two grinders including one that do not work yet. The Cafe will open this thursday, i am roasting as soon as i am not at the Café! I will keep you updated with this new L2 installation.
  • I really appreciate how clean this machine is inside:

• Isn't that valve supposed to be open?
  • Richard Gregory post=9783 wrote: Isn't that valve supposed to be open?
    No, that is only the manual pre-fill valve. You open it to pre-fill the boiler halfway, then you turn it off (the valve) and open the machine so the machine will fill via a bypass line and the heater will start heating the water.
  • Okay good.

It's been a while since I was on the inside of the machine.
  • Now here is some pictures of this new Café but almost empty (only the L2 was there waiting to be connected to the water line), once everything is complete i will add more pictures:

• Ok, last two pictures and i continu my roasting now:

• thanks for posting seb. its a big space!
  • Nice looking Cafe' Sebastien! Looks like an L-IV would fit in there :-)
  • Stephen Sweeney post=9790 wrote: Nice looking Cafe' Sebastien! Looks like an L-IV would fit in there :-)
    Exactly, the plan is to have two L2 in the future if the sales are good at the espresso bar.

Oh and by the way, this is not my Cafe. I am just their roaster and consultant. I'd love someday to have a Café like that and would for sure go with an L2 to start up with.
  • I received my L2 today. After a lot of research and chats with Reiss, I cannot be happier with my decision. Here are some pics.

Attached files

image image image image image
  • hi beau

thank you for taking the time to post. it looks great.

reiss.
  • Beau opened on Friday night

Prior to that we have trained him up from scratch via FaceTime, and he can speak for himself in time no doubt, but i think he is pretty pleased with the results he is turning out

He had been given a couple of pounds of Starbucks beans, which shouldnt be laughed at - they were very useful for dialling in the timer on his Mazzer Electronic, which i think was a Major from memory

Once we had used those up we moved onto 5lbs of a roast of his choosing from his favourite local roaster. This didn't take too much work to get on cam either

Points i took away from the process

1. get a tamper that fits really well, at least 58.50mm - a tamper that is 58.0mm is too small - 58mm is a nominal size reference only for the group

2. if you are using a mazzer electronic grinder the inside of the dispensing cone needs to be clean to a medical standard basically, and scratch free - don't ever use anything abrasive to clean the inside of the cone, and no water either. if there is any grease or moisture or coffee residue, grounds are going stick on the inside of the cone, rather than falling down the chute. then your dosing goes all over the place and you start altering the timer unnecessarily to compensate, when it isn't the source of the variance. get some surgical alcohol and rub it all thoroughly inside the cone, and once you have done this don't touch it with your fingers as they have grease on them too and it will undo your good work. also, don't hold the portafilter hard up under the bottom of the cone, or again, the coffee is at risk of backing up inside the dispensing cone - keep it down where the portafilter holder is fixed so the coffee can fall out without restriction

we are pleased to see another LONDINIUM owner up and running. i am more than happy to spend whatever time it takes to ensure owners are getting the best out of their setup. the only extra tools you need are a digital scale capable of measuring to 0.1g and a means of measuring the time, which for most of us is our phone. there are also a range of nicer scales like Brewista that has a timer incorporated and a reasonably priced, which if you are in the market for a new pair of scales are probably the way to go

we look forward to hearing how friday went Beau

best

reiss.