This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

Chemical Analysis of Sydney Water

I thought our water here in Sydney was OK from the tap and I guess the attached Table confirms this.

My water supply is from the Prospect Reservoir and on reading the table, the chlorine value is the only one that is of concern. The water I use comes through these filters which remove fine particles (Doulton filter on the left) and the Omnipure on the right deals with the chlorine.

It seems to me that the temporary hardness value is below the 80 Reiss has recommended and also importantly the PH is above 7.5.

I have not fitted the L1 supplied filter to the water reservoir tank as these results show its not needed.

I hope the information might be useful to a prospective buyer as little needs to be done to plumb the machine in to the regular Sydney supply.

Comments

• Thank you for taking the time to post this Trevor

R
  • I certainly wish our water district would provide such a clearly defined analysis!

I have asked a couple of times and get responses like, "It falls within the State guidelines for water quality" with is neither specific nor really helpful.