This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

Shipping and Taxes Quote DHL

According to the website the shipping and taxes quote to Canada is $3180 CAD which includes $211 DHL for shipping and taxes

Does this include duties? I believe that there is a 9% duty by our beloved Canadian government. Is that correct? Also likely another 13% HST as you are not adding VAT, right?

Comments

• Hi Mike,

I live in Ontario and bought an L1 in December. Import charges were $465. This is nearly all HST plus about $15 for DHL processing costs. There was (and should be) no duty. DHL will ask you if you want them to do the import brokerage. I recommend that you let them. They are pretty good at it and as already mentioned are not expensive.

Doug

Oh. The DHL charge of $200ish is for shipping only.
  • Mike Viezel post=7385 wrote: According to the website the shipping and taxes quote to Canada is $3180 CAD which includes $211 DHL for shipping and taxes

Does this include duties? I believe that there is a 9% duty by our beloved Canadian government. Is that correct? Also likely another 13% HST as you are not adding VAT, right?

Hi Mike

Thanks for posting

I believe the L1 will be subject to 9% duty and 12% sales tax when it arrives in Canada (I based it on BC - not sure if it varies bwtn States)

Kind regards

Reiss
  • I'm near Vancouver and got mine a few weeks ago.
    I just paid the 12% tax. No duty.
  • I wasn't lucky enough to evade tariff/duty here in the US. This morning I paid $89.

Hope my L1 is delivered tomorrow.

Doug