This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

Londinium owners in the San Jose area??

I'll be in and around San Jose, CA in mid-February and am wondering if there are any L1 owners nearby who'd be willing to show me their machine for a bit, if schedules permit. I'd be very happy to donate beans from a quite interesting espresso blend to the endeavor.

Thanks!

Comments

• Hi john
    How about I demo the machine to you via FaceTime?
    Kind regards
    Reiss
  • Thanks, Reiss. I've already watched the dozen or two videos on YouTube (some more than once). :lol:

I'm really looking for a little hands-on and to taste the results with some coffee I know really well (to compare with brew from my own machine as well as from some of the better baristas in Arizona).

I'm quite interested in lever machines in principle (BTW, my very first espresso machine, purchased almost 40 years ago, was a Europiccola) on the basis of purity and simplicity. But the proof of the pudding is in the eating, of course, and as well I'd like to see firsthand what the L1 is like to work with. I really hate the experience of buyer's remorse as I'm sure you will appreciate.

I've no doubt the stars will align and I'll have an opportunity to meet up with one of your happy customers before too long.

Cheers!
  • fair enough, i'll write an email to the San Jose owners and copy you in

best

reiss.
  • If its helpful we're 50-miles from San Jose.

Dan
  • Thanks, Dan. But I thought you were in Monterey; isn't that more like 75 miles away?

I'll think about it, but you're probably a bit outside the feasible radius on this trip. Next time I'm around Asilomar, though, I'll be sure to get in touch. ;)
  • Sorry...in my haze I didn't connect the dots (relative to you and the Arizona post)! We are 1/2 way between Salinas and Monterey. Depending upon where you measure from within San Jose proper it can easily vary 10+ miles from where we live. City center to us is, IIRC, right at 62-miles. Yes, Asilomar is closer to us at 17-18 miles...from the other side.