This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

Any Londinia in Arizona?

Posting the question on the off-chance someone in Arizona has purchased a Londinium machine and would be proudly willing to show it off.

Barring that, I make it to the Bay Area from time to time; anyone there?

Cheers!

- John

Comments

• thanks for posting john

i have emailed charles and also ryan, both of whom had L1s shipped to Arizona, and copied you in

kind regards

reiss.
  • John,
    I'm in Monterey, the other bay area :D,...if that works for you let me know.
  • Thanks for your generous offer, Dan. I really like Monterey, and it would be a long pilgrimage. While I don't foresee that I'll be visiting any time soon, I'll get in touch should I know I'll be in the area.
  • If you're going to be in L.A. anytime soon, I would be glad to make myself and my L1 available.
  • I'll be in San Diego before I'm in LA (in the summer), but thanks for the offer and I may take you up on it if I'm over your way. In case any South Bay folks see this, I'll be in the San Jose area over a couple of weekdays in mid-February.

Still hoping one of the AZ guys replies, though. I'll provide some awesome beans. :)
  • I'm in San Mateo, halfway up the Peninsula between SJ and SF. Half my machine arrived yesterday, and the other half is somewhere in DHL purgatory. I won't have much experience with the machine by the time you're around, but you're still welcome to come by and take it for a spin. B)
  • welcome simon, thank you for posting

do let me know either way how things develop - DHL haven't lost anything yet, so i am confident it will turn up but i appreciate that it is very frustrating when you are raring to go

which bit arrived, the big bit or the small bit?

kind regards

reiss.
  • Thanks Reiss.

The big bit. :) It's unpacked and on my bench, ready for the small bit.
  • Simon Y post=7217 wrote: I'm in San Mateo, halfway up the Peninsula between SJ and SF. Half my machine arrived yesterday, and the other half is somewhere in DHL purgatory. I won't have much experience with the machine by the time you're around, but you're still welcome to come by and take it for a spin. B)

Thanks, Simon. It's a business trip, so I'm still working out the itinerary, but I'll get in touch if it looks like I'll have some time on my own and check to make sure both bits are operational. :)

I'll be staying near San Jose and in Los Altos for meetings, by the way.

Which grinder do you use?
  • Sounds good. I have an HG one from 2013 with 83mm TiN-coated Mazzer burrs.
  • It sounds like this demo is working out nicely!

I am working out a demo for a fellow from Portland for this weekend.
  • Hoping so, if schedules permit.

Given a choice, I may be more interested, ultimately, in an L1-P, depending on how it turns out. :)