This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

L1-P temperature stability and drip tray

I have been unable to find any discussion regarding the LII/III temperature stability in a projected home environment. Is it expected to be as stable as the L1- unused for long periods and then used for multiple espressos in a row?

Also, I know the drip tray is designed to be plumbed in. I won't be able to plumb it in. Is that a problem?

Comments

• Hi john
    Thanks for posting
    The L2,3, and L1-P all must be plumbed in
    There is no tank fed option for any of these machines
    Thermal stability is the same across all models - they all use the same group - all thermosiphon fed groups need a rinse of about 50ml to ensure the thermosiphon recommences promptly after a shot is pulled, but most users do this out of habit to clean the shower screen so it is a non issue
    Bigger boilers reduce the impact on boiler pressure when hot water is drawn off
    Kind regards
    Reiss
  • John Maesaka post=7138 wrote: I have been unable to find any discussion regarding the LII/III temperature stability in a projected home environment. Is it expected to be as stable as the L1- unused for long periods and then used for multiple espressos in a row?

In a commercial environment it would not be tolerable if the brew group would get hot if there was an hour without customers, so expect the commercial scale Londinium machines will be at least as temperature stable as the L1 is for the home user.
    John Maesaka post=7138 wrote: Also, I know the drip tray is designed to be plumbed in. I won't be able to plumb it in. Is that a problem?

If there is a hole in the bottom of the drip tray it must be able to block that. On my L1 there is rarely a drop into the drip tray, I clean it with a cloth or I rinse it after a few weeks. On the L1-P that would be no different.
  • Thanks for the information. I figured what you are saying had to be the case, but wanted confirmation. I think I'll wait until the L1-P is ready. I have my 240 V line and water mains connection ready to go.
  • I would suggest to install a water pressure regulator, unlike the L1 the L1-P will be a cold fed HX machine so the inline pressure will be essentially the pre-infusion pressure of the extraction.

It's best to regulate the inline pressure (2-3 bars is very common) especially if you have a very high or unstable water pressure.

As Frans mentioned I am sure you can find a way to close the hole in the drip tray, maybe to find a cap for the drain hose connection beneath the drip tray.

Kfir.
  • Frans Goddijn post=7140 wrote: [quote=John Maesaka post=7138]I have been unable to find any discussion regarding the LII/III temperature stability in a projected home environment. Is it expected to be as stable as the L1- unused for long periods and then used for multiple espressos in a row?

In a commercial environment it would not be tolerable if the brew group would get hot if there was an hour without customers, so expect the commercial scale Londinium machines will be at least as temperature stable as the L1 is for the home user.
    John Maesaka post=7138 wrote: Also, I know the drip tray is designed to be plumbed in. I won't be able to plumb it in. Is that a problem?

If there is a hole in the bottom of the drip tray it must be able to block that. On my L1 there is rarely a drop into the drip tray, I clean it with a cloth or I rinse it after a few weeks. On the L1-P that would be no different.

I use my drip tray in the same fashion and have zero desire to plumb it in.