This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

Londinium 1 + me, the Beginner

Just signed up to say hello.

New owner here having bought from a friend on CFUK.

I have had a few weeks on a Fracino but all to no avail due to grinder issues..... So, here I am with Londinium1 + different grinder (a modified Santos 01) Starting out my coffee journey.

Can I do this.... Learn everything on an L1? I sure hope so!!

Only one bag of beans left but more on order so time to get reading all the hints and tips here.

I would appreciate any links to threads that any here judge to be particularly useful to me

Comments

• "Read everything here" is sound advice, but you could start checking out this:

http://londiniumespresso.com/forum/londinium-i-owners-forum/350-londinium-routine-on-video
  • Welcome Mike
    Thanks for joining
    Whose machine did you buy? - I ask so I can add owner permissions to your account so you can post everywhere
    Do use the search box in the first instance
    If you can't find anything of relevance having searched, please do ask

Do post with an assumption that an issue you have has arisen before
    People who post in a manner that suggests their machine has some unique ailment that the world has never seen just make it difficult all round
    I am on the other side of the table and can assure everyone that new issues are now pretty rare
    Kind regards
    Reiss
  • Hi Reiss, I have been reading a lot of good things about you ;)

This machine came from Jon (Jp19810) who bought it in turn from Iroko. The following two links refer:

http://coffeeforums.co.uk/showthread.php?20854-Sold-Londinium-I

http://coffeeforums.co.uk/showthread.php?19560-Sold-Londinium-I

I am enjoying my L1 so far and I have no issues other than needing to learn so much. Even the, simple to you guys, stuff like grinding and distribution..... but the improvements are coming...slowly.

I am an old dog and these are new tricks to me so I will be searching a lot.... particularly about techniques.
  • ok mike, you should now have full forum access
    there is a PDF of the owner's manual in the resources sub-section of lever espresso machines section
    you'll be fine - I've tired to make the machine as easy to use as possible
    the more you use it the better you will get
    essential is a 50mL post shot rinse & don't flush before the shot
    don't spend too much time on the theory - get into it and then come back here if you have a persistent issue that you can't shake
    kind regards
    reiss.
  • You have a good machine and if you reach a plateau and have tried all other techniques then start thinking about the grinder.
  • I am thinking of a grinder already...unfortunately it will have to wait a while until my wallet recovers from this, rather spur of the moment, decision to get the L1 sooner than originally planned.

I have been thinking of a secondhand Mythos next but this Santos with Azkoyen/ditting burrs will have to do for now as I am all spent out..... Another of those times when I think to myself.... "Should have tried harder at school" .