This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

Lond 1 possible pump issue

Greetings all,
Happy new year and may success follow you in all your 2015 endeavours.

I'm creating this thread to ask for your consultation and hopefully confirm an issue I'm having with my Lond1. 3 months after purchasing my machine, I've discovered a leak from the pink water pump that only happens when the water tank is full (see attached image capturing the bottom of the pump and circling the leak area in yellow). If its below half tank, no leak would happen. I've gotten used to this for more than 8 months now without any issues.

Yesterday, a different issue occurred where the pump produces very low sound and does not fill the copper thank since no water can be poured out of the water port and after 1 minute the usual beep will sound. I've reviewed the forum and found a thread from a gentleman who had a dying pump and described how to fix it with pictures. I've also read through Reiss comments on the possible two reasons before confirming that it's the pump in the aforementioned thread and everything seems fine from my end.

I really can't think of anything else apart from a dying pump. If you think its not then please let me know. If it is, I'd like to seek Reiss assistance in purchasing 2 of them since I don't think I'll be able to plumb the machine anytime soon.

Any assistance is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Majid

Comments

• Hi Majid
    Thanks for posting instead of emailing
    It's great to have you on the forum
    Now let me read your post and come up with something helpful
    Reiss
  • Hi Majid
    You shouldn't have suffered in silence this long - no one should
    I've not known any of these pumps to leak and if you noticed it after just 3 months it is likely the defect was there from day one
    Our machines all come with a global 12 month parts warranty
    I'll try to despatch a replacement pump to you on mon 5 or tues 6 jan latest
    Should I send it to the same address as we sent your machine too?
    I don't see any point in you buying a second pump - you've been unlucky - they should run for years given the low loads they are carrying in the L1
    Kind regards
    Reiss
  • Ps - if you want me to send the pump to a different address from where sent your L1 obviously don't post it here, email me the new details please.
  • I'd like to thank you for such an amazing and fast assistance. Shipping the item to the same address you used to send the machine would be most appropriate. I'm more confident than ever with my purchase and I've got you to thank for building such an effective brand loyalty between yourself and customers.
  • hi majid
    I've just placed your order with spares dept
    i expect to ship it tomorrow, unless that pack it up before lunch
    kind regards
    reiss.
  • hi majid
    I've booked it to saudi arabia
    you should have a confirmation email from DHL to evidence this
    i would be disappointed if you don't receive it this week
    kind regards
    reiss.
  • Hello Reiss,

Thank you very much, it arrived today and I'm expecting it this afternoon. Again, I thank you for your expeditious assistance and excellent customer service.