This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

pre-infusion inline water pressure

Can somebody clarify the following. I have the LI plumbed in. What should be the water pressure coming in from the water tap and does it affect the pre-infusion. If so, in which way? My current water pressure tap is 55 PSI (3,8 bar).

Comments

• Your preinfusion pressure can never be higher then the boiler pressure ... It will simply be the boiler pressure! Maybe a higher line pressure could have an effect on the speed the boiler tops up with water. Never in the existing L1 architecture it will have influence on the pre- infusion pressure. Remember that the group is filled from the boiler not from the line-in.

Mark

Forgot to add that if the in line pressure is to high, the valve controlling the amount of water let in might protest: read not functioning well... I believe Reiss advises to keep in- line pressure around 2 bar to be safe.
  • Mark de Raad post=6746 wrote: Forgot to add that if the in line pressure is to high, the valve controlling the amount of water let in might protest: read not functioning well... I believe Reiss advises to keep in- line pressure around 2 bar to be safe.
    2 bars appears low for the whole house water pressure unless you get a water pressure regulator specific for the LI. I believe Reiss told me that the inline pressure could be up to 6 bars max but this information should be confirmed by Reiss.
  • Martin Fortin post=6747 wrote: [quote=Mark de Raad post=6746]Forgot to add that if the in line pressure is to high, the valve controlling the amount of water let in might protest: read not functioning well... I believe Reiss advises to keep in- line pressure around 2 bar to be safe.
    2 bars appears low for the whole house water pressure unless you get a water pressure regulator specific for the LI.
    yes, of course.

I believe Reiss told me that the inline pressure could be up to 6 bars max but this information should be confirmed by Reiss.
    Which would be a normal house water pressure. Might well be that this indeed is max. But lower will be safer, i guess.

Mark
  • Yes, 6 bar is the max pressure the L1 solenoid is designed for

A lot of houses are now supplied water at around 3 bar

If the solenoid is noisy at 3.8 bar you could add a pressure reducing valve (regulator in the USA)
  • Here is how I manage the water going to the L-I and you will see the main filter and the pressure regulator for the items after filter. The house is higher pressure and I reduced it to what you see on the gauge.

The blue John Guest type of fitting is for a drinking water fawcet without a solenoid.

This is the system I have settled on to give decent water in our area. I have tried others but the results have not been as good to get the numbers I wanted for TDS around 50. If I were to do it again I would get this. http://www.espressoparts.com/everpure-qc7i-single-water-filter-head-ships-in-3-7-days

This all runs through a water meter under the sink that tells me how much water is being used in the system. http://www.jerman.com/dljmeter.html

Here is an available regulator that should work, just add a gauge. http://espressocare.com/search/results/e745600ef3132de3e6dcc16ab23a9a33/
  • John, thanks for the info. I was looking at the EVERPURE QC7I SINGLE that you linked. Does it have the ability to control the water pressure as well as filter the water? It wasn't clear from what I read whether it could control water pressure or just read it.

If so, I may get one of those as I wanted to upgrade my filter system from the inexpensive Chris Coffee recommended set-up and it would be great to be able to control the water pressure from the same connection.
  • http://www.espressocare.com/products/item/water-pressure-regulator-watts-4-port I tried to Post this but the Link apparently did not work.

If this Link fails go to espressocare.com and search for "regulator".

There are others that sell gauge/regulator combinations and I think I might have gotten mine through Chris Coffee, but good luck finding them on their site now! Both CC and EPNW have "Updated" their web sites and they now are so difficult to navigate and there seems to be no consistency in what is under a category. Really poor understanding of what goes where...