This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

L1 users in the Portland Oregon metropolitan area

I am researching the L1 espresso machine. Does anyone in the Portland Metropolitan area own one and would have me over to see the unit?
Jerry Conedera

Comments

• If you drive north to Port Orchard Washington you can test drive mine :-)
  • that is very generous of you stephen. thank you.
  • Thank You Stephen. Do you know any others who have an L1 in your area and where I live in the PDX region?
  • Unless someone else reveals themselves on this Forum I would not know.

We are about 2-1/2 hours drive in a car(perfect traffic) and maybe 2 days on a bicycle from Portland.
  • Stephen, you are not far away and I plan to visit you ,at your convenience, in the future. I had expected ,considering the northwest is probably the most coffee centric area in the USA, there would be more L1 owners. Thank you again for the offer to meet you an witness an L1 in action
    Jerry
  • Jerry, use my email address of [email protected] and we can discuss times and dates for a visit. I am pretty much open, since I am retired, but doctors appointments seem to consume more time than I wish.
  • Hi Jerry,
    I just received my L1, 240volt in Redmond, Oregon. The final electical work will be finished on the new house in a week and I'll be ready to pull a shot. Likely I'll book a Skype lesson with Reiss to help me through first time jitters. I'll be happy to keep you up to date with my experiences.
    Destin Adams
  • Destin Adams post=6326 wrote: Hi Jerry,
    Likely I'll book a Skype lesson with Reiss to help me through first time jitters
    Destin Adams

it is very pleasing to see these words in print, and i would welcome seeing it a lot more

if you are proficient in espresso making there is no need, but if that isn't the case please do

i would far rather be contacted on day 1 than after you have become frustrated from struggling with it

a refreshing avatar too!

kind regards

reiss
  • Destin, good to know that there is a good Lever machine on that side of the Cascades, maybe the only one?