This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

Turn your L1 on/off from anywhere in the world with Wemo

I've just learned about this new timer product and wanted to share with the L1 community...

Belkin WeMo Insight Switch
http://www.belkin.com/us/p/P-F7C029/

It will allow me to set custom schedules, monitor electricity usage + cost, and turn on + off anywhere in the world where I have internet connection all through my smartphone. It connects through my home WiFi.

This has solved my finicking with a timer. If I forget to turn off the machine when running out of the house, no problem.

Now, I can turn on my L1 prior to my 1-hour drive home every day, and arrive home with the L1 perfectly pre-heated.

I get off at different times every day and was either coming home to a machine not quite warm, or one that has been on for hours (wasting my electricity).

I'll be updating this post once I receive it in the mail and fiddle with it over a few days.

Comments

• Will it take the current?
  • Max 120V~/16A/60Hz/1800W
  • I've had one for the past year, on at 6:30, off at 2:30 but its so easy to over ride.
    Its almost perfect but gets in a twist when daylight saving starts and ends.
    240 volts at 8 amps without a problem.