This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

New 4 x 1.0mm Steam Tip, Coming 2015!

Hello all you milk drink lovers.

Thanks to the recent acquisition of a L1, I have nearly eliminated use of milk. I love my espresso so much I hardly have a use for milk at all anymore. This is better for my health, easier on my routine, less trips to the store every 3 days to obtain fresh milk and less dish washing! :)

I believe this was an additional purpose of the L1; bring people back to espresso, away from the milk zone.

HOWEVER... I do still enjoy a milk drink on the weekends. Something to sip on for a little longer while catching up on the papers.

To help in this regard, Reiss supplied me one of the only 3 new 4 x 1mm steam tips in existence. I'm am a willing and happy guinea pig.

Compared to the 2 x 1mm tip I was using until now, This tip produces a dramatically finer, more consistent froth/foam, and more controlled rate of volume increase in the milk. The 2 x 1mm made more large bubbles, was not consistent. I suspect a more balanced flow from all four corners versus two points of flow contribute to better results.

I have found my tip!

Don't go hassling Reiss for this until 2015. They'll be available soon enough.

If you simply cannot wait, just come over next time you are in Los Angeles. :) Drinks on me.

Cheers to all.

Ben

Comments

• Hi, is this tip different to the one showing in accessories,or are they just not available till next year.

Thanks.
  • hi peter

the tip shown above is different to the one shown in the accessories section

we are now shipping the L1 with a 4 x 1.0mm tip, however it is still the existing design as shown in the accessories section, i.e. with the holes close together

when we use up existing stock of the current 4 x 1.0mm stainless tips we will make a run of the new design stainless tip, as shown above, with the greater separation between the holes

the above tip makes texturing milk with good microfoam much easier than current tip

the above tip design, but in 4 x 1.4mm size is already being shipped as standard on the L2 and L3

kind regards

reiss.
  • Thanks Reiss, I'll order when new tip's available.