This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

On the Edge

It can take a long time to decide which Espresso machine to upgrade to. For me it took years. Even after the purchase it took me several months to fully appreciate what the L1 is.

The real beauty of the L1 is that it does what the most sophisticated machines around are only just able to mimic, and it achieves this with the minimal number of parts.

Having fewer parts leads to greater reliability and even in the event of a fault, diagnostics are far easier, parts easier to source and the repair easier to carry out.

For me, an espresso machine is a purchase that should last at least 10 years. After say 4 years I don't want to be worrying about the availability of mother boards, sensors, etc.

I not only appreciate the external appearance of the L1, but the inside too. Before buying a new machine do get a look inside the case. Many machines on the market look great on the outside but inside look like a complete mess. This is not just a matter of aesthetics, its a physical expression of the ethos of the manufacturer.

The best advice I can give to a potential owner is, put a post up here. Find a local owner, and get some hands on experience.

Comments

• Nick, you have stated my feeling very eloquently and I could not agree with you more.

Thanks for Posting this :-)
  • [quote=Nick Roulstone post=5716 Having fewer parts leads to greater reliability and even in the event of a fault, diagnostics are far easier, parts easier to source and the repair easier to carry out.

For me, an espresso machine is a purchase that should last at least 10 years. After say 4 years I don't want to be worrying about the availability of mother boards, sensors, etc.

This!
  • that's pretty decent of you nick, thank you

for those wondering, i didn't put nick up to this and i've never met him, he's not a relative, or a mate of a mate

reiss.