This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

Visiting Reiss and his beautiful country...

Many thanks to Reiss and his lovely wife Sarah-Jane for spending their time with us and showing us their great city of Auckland!
We enjoyed a lot the afternoon and evening with great steaks, superb deserts and some really good drinks.

Thanks a lot also for your advice to the locations we had to visit.
We left Auckland facing the Bay of Islands, Waitomo, Hobiton and Rotorua.
Unfortunately only 4 days and quite little places, but after this tour, we fell in love with NZ and will return for sure.

If anybody is thinking about going to NZ - don't think anymore :) Do it!

There are also some really good coffee places across the country, but almost all of them could do it much better using some Londinium machines ;)

Cheers,
Manfred

More pics here...

Comments

• hi manfred

thank you for taking the time to post these - we were privileged that you took time out of your honeymoon schedule to see us

i apologise that the steak was not aged, but it was the best we could find at short notice

if anyone else is passing through Auckland we would love to meet you too

thank you again

reiss.
  • Manfred, thanks for Posting the photos allowing us to take a mini vicarious adventure through NZ.

Nice trip!
  • The Bay of Islands is absolutely beautiful but its history is full of adventurers, pirates and outrageous behaviour. Check out the town of Russell!

Marilyn and I spend a very enjoyable week at Paihia in late March 2010. Magic!

Off to Queenstown for a week in Jan, some 41 years since we were there on our honeymoon in 1973.

Everyone should visit NZ (and don't miss out on the continent just to its west).
  • Thanks for sharing the great pics! I was hoping to hook-up with Reiss when were in London in August but I think he moved to NZ to avoid me :huh:

NZ is definitely on our bucket list though so one day...