This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

Lever vs E 61

I have purchased an L1, and I'm waiting for it to be shipped. But, you know how it is, it is easy to second guess yourself. I have been reading the "Lever Machine Smackdown " on the Home-Barista forum from a few years ago, and I was interested in one of the reviewers' takes on flavor, crema, and quality from lever machines vs. the E61 pump machines. I have a link here. What does everyone think:
http://www.home-barista.com/reviews/lever-espresso-machines-smackdown-t5176-30.html
I am referring to HB's (Dan Kehn's) final post on the page with taste notes and scoring.

Comments

• thanks for posting mark. as soon as we have the left - right swap of the hot water & steam valves done the machine will be ready to ship. i would expect today (tues) or tomorrow. best, reiss.
  • Mark, after owning a very highly touted e61 Group machine for a month before it started leaking, squeaking and making strange noises from the pump I can honestly say that the L-I is a rock solid decision with very little to go wrong.

I had a GS/3 at the same time I purchased the L-I and I eventually sold the GS/3 in favor of the L-I.

Sit back, wait for the big box to arrive and enjoy the shots :-)