This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

What's in the Box?

Hi
I'm thinking of upgrading from my old Rocket Giotto to a lever machine and am evaluating the Londinium alongside Strega and Achille. My question is far more mundane however, on the Londinium what actually is supplied in the box. I've checked specs on the website and not sure I get it.

Obviously the machine is there but do you get one portafilter holder or 2, single spout or double spout, are the baskets there (single or double), any tamper, spare seal , brushes etc

Apologies if this all seems a little obvious but when I bought the rocket I got all that in the box, the Achille & Strega seems to have 2 PF & baskets etc, brushes and the like but I can't find details on the Londinium website. Helpful to be able to compare an all in price

thanks in advance

Comments

• Can't vouch for the current shipments but my LI came with one (1) spouted portafilter and one (1) double basket. I ordered the bottomless/"naked" portafilter as an option.

Also, as far as I understand, the newer LI model comes with wood handles; whereas the early production units came with plastic (as did mine).
  • Thank you Dan for taking time to respond, appreciated.

I thought customer services monitored the forum and I might get a definitive answer but I guess I need to email direct. Bit frustrating for such a simple question & I'd be a bit loathe to take pot luck on what;s in the box as I rarely ever use single PF on my Rocket.

Looking at the pictures on the Store part of the site the machine is pictured with a double spout portafilter. Would anyone know if you have the choice of single or double if you get one PF only or if Dan is correct and it only comes with one single as standard

As Achille comes with 2 PF & baskets, on a pure price comparison the 2 machines are similar in price then when you add the extras with the Strega a bit cheaper it seems. Am I right.
  • hi paul

fair comment. apologies for the delay - your unread comment became 'read' and then it dropped off my radar. apologies.

the machine is supplied with one double spout wenge handled PF, which has a double basket inside it designed to work with a maximum dose of about 16g

kind regards

reiss.
  • Thank you Reiss, that is clear. A couple of follow up's if I may

Boiled choice to Achille or L1 & asking same questions on both. I've compared the science, the aesthetics and the price so now the practical... will it fit. The dimensions diagram gives overall dimensions but I could do with 2 more please. (1) How does the depth split up between back of machine to where drip tray starts and how deep is drip tray. (2) When the handle is upright does it align with the rear of the drip tray or go slightly further back.

I may be over analysing but I'm trying to work if this will fit on counter top under or in deep corner without too far forward. I wont be plumbing in & assume I can put steam on left if needs be?

Does the Londinium use the same portafilers as the Fracino & are they interchangeable?

What is current order lead time & is delivery trackable/ specified day? (I work & hate hanging around all day on the off chance something arrives)

What tip comes with the steam wand

That's it, I'm done I promise
  • Just finished unloading our container, but I will get you these answers this afternoon (by the time you wake) when I can run a rule over an L1 here

The portafilters are made by the same people who make the group, so they will fit a current model Fracino lever machine, but not their pump machines

We have machines in stock, ready to ship

For UK deliveries it is easy as the machine comes the day after we despatch, unless you live in a remote area, and yes DHL provide tracking that you can follow online - you will receive an email from our system when I book the machine out and a separate email from DHL

The machines are supplied with 4 x 1.2mm tips

Kind regards

Reiss
  • Paul,
    This may help you (ditto Reiss ;-))

• Thanks Reiss and Dan that is superb and so very helpful. Exactly what I need to know

Having said I'd asked all my Q's I missed one sorry. There is one spring in the group yes, not 2?
  • Correct...one spring. I have experimented, like others here, with manual spring assist but most days I leave well enough along/to the spring itself.
  • thanks so much for going to the trouble of posting that dan

dan has to all intents & purposes answered your question, but the series 2 machines are slightly different in size, albeit mm, but sometimes it makes a difference to the buying decision
    Paul Halliday post=4196 wrote: (1) How does the depth split up between back of machine to where drip tray starts and how deep is drip tray.

length to front of tray = 54cm, less tray overhang of 0.5cm = body length of 53.5cm
    distance from back panel to front panel = 31.5cm
    distance from front panel (back edge of drip tray) to front of drip tray = 22.5cm

(2) When the handle is upright does it align with the rear of the drip tray or go slightly further back.

the vertical drop from the tip of the handle falls directly down to the front panel, as per Dan's diagram

I may be over analysing but I'm trying to work if this will fit on counter top under or in deep corner without too far forward. I wont be plumbing in & assume I can put steam on left if needs be?

we do offer a left - right swap of the steam & water - you will see the option when you are on the order screen

• Paul Halliday post=4200 wrote: Thanks Reiss and Dan that is superb and so very helpful. Exactly what I need to know

Having said I'd asked all my Q's I missed one sorry. There is one spring in the group yes, not 2?

we tried a twin spring in the group paul, indeed i stumbled across it again today when unloading our container

its the classic example of 2 not always being better than 1, usually, but not always

from what i can deduct it makes the L1 perform more like a pump machine - it robs the complexity of the single origin coffee we like to roast