This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

L1 owners in Belgium?

Hello,

I’m considering to buy a lever espresso machine. My current machine (Rocket R58) serves me just fine, but the hands-on route is tempting. I've got my short list down to the Bezzera Strega, Londinium L1, or (deep breath and financial pain) a fully restored Faema Urania.
Is there any Londinium owner out there in Belgium (I’m living in Leuven) who's willing to give me a hands-on demo? I'll bring along some bags with excellent beans!

Thanks in advance,
Joris.

Comments

• hi joris
    thank you for posting here
    can any L1 owners in belgium assist?
    i know we have an L1 in a restaurant in Belgium - let me find the details for you
    reiss.
  • Thank you Reiss! I know that place, it's very highly regarded. Also, this solves the bad-coffee-after-a-great-meal-issue... I'll contact them for dinner and a demo.
    BTW: any coffee bars in London using a Londinium? It's Marzocco everywhere, with the occasional Synesso or Kees van der Westen.
  • hi joris

no is the short answer - but that will correct over time

many people assume the very best start they can give their retail coffee venture is an LM & a Mazzer grinder

those of us who have spent hundreds of hours and thousands of our own cash quietly buying and trying different pieces of espresso equipment know this not to be true

kind regards

reiss.
  • Reiss Gunson post=4031 wrote: hi joris

no is the short answer - but that will correct over time

many people assume the very best start they can give their retail coffee venture is an LM & a Mazzer grinder

those of us who have spent hundreds of hours and thousands of our own cash quietly buying and trying different pieces of espresso equipment know this not to be true

kind regards

reiss.

A big AMEN to that statement!
  • Hello, sorry for reviving such an old thread but are there any places to see, taste and possible try a Londinium in and around Brussels (English/Dutch speaking).
    Cheers and have a great day!
  • Thijs ter Beek post=14129 wrote: Hello, sorry for reviving such an old thread but are there any places to see, taste and possible try a Londinium in and around Brussels (English/Dutch speaking).
    Cheers and have a great day!
    Dag Thijs! I just today bought a 2nd hand L.1 from 2014. I'm due to pick it up between 12 and 17 March, 2018. After that, I need to learn to use the machine... I live in Sterrebeek, you're welcome to see us in action, say after 31 march? My phone +32 476 422158. Regards, Paul (yes, I speak all national languages).

Sent from my P01MA using Tapatalk
  • Hi, great you made the purchase. Is it the one mentioned on koffiepraat? I bought mine for Christmas last year without trying and no regrets only fun and very easy to get perfect coffee every morning. You're welcome here too to give it a try and exchange coffee tips and tricks.
    Cheers
    Thijs