This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

Espresso Catering: deciding on new machine

Hello,

We're in the middle stages of preparing to launch an Espresso Catering business in the Dallas metro area and are in search of a rock solid, reliable and consistent machine. Our eyes were set on a GS/3 but given the feedback from a close friend that also owns an espresso tech. company, we're going to pass on it.

Our Needs:
[ul]
[li]Prefer to operate on propane for boiler heating (still researching use indoors, gladly accept any feedback on regulations, etc.)[/li]
[li]Ability to operate on 110v (or 220v on a generator, if needed) when we're unable to use Propane[/li]
[li]We'll be focusing on milk based drinks, 8 or 12oz, and need a machine is both temp. stable and doesn't required excessive flushing (like after every shot) to maintain the desired temp.[/li]
[li]A 2 group machine preferably. We'd consider a single group if it has the boiler capacity and can manage high drink volumes (40 drinks per hour)[/li]
[/ul]

I'm also more than open to listening to input/advice on success espresso catering practices. Our concept would provide a modular approach in that we're developing multiple 'carts' each geared towards a specific service (espresso based drinks, smoothies and blended drinks, shaved ice, etc.)

We have experience in the coffee business, having run a successful coffeehouse/roastery in Portland, Or as well as helping to develop, brand and launch drive thru with micro-roaster and consulting for other small coffeehouses. Even then, we know we have a lot to learn and greatly appreciate your advice and direction.

Thanks!

Comments

• @Reiss,
    I would love to get your take (and feedback) on the best machine to use in the scenario... I just read about the differences between the L1 and L2 machines... now, thinking that starting with an L1 and adding another later might be the better option, instead of going with a single L2...

Thoughts?
  • hi jesse

thank you for posting here, and i apologise the the delay in my response

if you are after a gas fired machine then we don't have a solution for you

if you are after an electric machine, then we can definitely help

at 40 drinks an hour you would definitely need a 2 group machine i think, whichever manufacturer you decide to go with

let us know if you have further questions

kind regards

reiss.
  • Go take a look at the LII that's installed at Buon Giorno Coffee shop in Grapevine. May help you decide one way or another.