This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

Water Softener Filter

Hi,

How do you install the filter, It doesn't seem to stay upright and it doesn't lock in, in the bottom connection? Thanks.

Comments

• Have you got the adapter piece? From what I recall the adapter just pushed onto the bottom of the tank and the softner/filter just pushed into that.

Here is a forum thread on a similar topic. Post #8 describes how to install the filter.

http://coffeeforums.co.uk/showthread.php?8414-Water-Filter

A couple of pictures from my machine...

• thanks ian
    that's right, it is a simple 'push-fit' arrangement
    let us know if you've sorted it
    kind regards
    reiss.
  • Hi,

I did pushed it down as instructed, but it won't stay in and down . It keeps pushing itself out. How do you make the adaptor stays down? Thanks If i don't use the rubber grommet that came with the adapter it will stay upright but it is loose. i guess the weight of the filter will hold it down and hope fully it will stay upright.
  • carefully put the rubber grommet back in so it is sitting exactly as it is meant to - fully in the seal groove

take the white nylon water box out of the machine

push the adaptor onto the fitting in the bottom of the water box, as shown in Ian's photo - give it a slight twist if you wish

then push the water softener cartridge onto the top of the adaptor, again give it a slight twist if you wish

turn the whole assembly upside down and you should find it holds together

replace water box into machine

fill with water

done.

kind regards

reiss.