This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

The new Reneka Micro Sieve - gear or garment

In the "showr screen" thread, this new "micro sieve" basket was already discovered but it proved hard to actually find someone who would sell it. The French dealer sells to France, Belgium and French Guyana but not to anyone in The Netherlands. Then I got a call from a Dutch dealer who was alerted by his French colleagues and he was quick to send me this one:

I found it in its box when I came popping in to get something else. Will surely try it out soon!

Comments

• you bet me frans!

I'm really interested to hear your thoughts as i will order this week if you think they are a significant improvement

reiss
  • That is interesting, the same side wall configuration but the holes/screen is completely different. Looking forward to photos when it has been used a bit so show possible clogging/buildup.
  • My current impression (not final, need to test on the LONDINIUM) is: a wonderful new thing to have even though I do not see or taste any difference in the extraction & cup.

• As was to be expected because of the tapered form, the new micro sieve works as good as the VST with a little less coffee in it. More people need to test it of course before we can have a shared opinion.

It's not a bad basket anyway, just a matter of deciding how much of an improvement it is.

• English translation of a message Strega owner Erik posted on a Dutch forum earlier, with very nice pictures:

Home-Barista

His conclusion: for a Strega user, who struggles with the frequent issue of a very hard "kick" from the pump & spring, the basket can be a cure.

When I expressed my surprise (on the Dutch forum) that it didn't make much of a difference for me on the Londinium, one forum member (not a Londinium owner) said this may be because I have a Londinium and HG One combination and there are no problems to solve. He added that "one of the downsides of having the best, is the unavailability of further improvements."

I thought that a nice philosophical reasoning.
  • I don't suppose that will stop Reiss, or any of us thinking and sometimes acting on new ideas though Frans...
  • The Dutch dealer where I bought mine has a webshop now: http://www.elvt.nl/c-2435678/special-products/