This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

Replacement of L1 (pre-2017) pressure stat

I have time this coming week to replace the original pressurestat on my L1 (old-style) with a Sirai 30A that I bought from the Store a while ago. Do I need to look out for any particular problem areas, or should I just remove the old one and attach to match the original couplings, etc? Thanks.

Matt

Comments

• Hi Matthew,

See my topic on this forum:
    https://londiniumespresso.com/forum?view=topic&catid=5&id=891

In short:
    - you must detach the nut at the boiler end. The nut on the pstat end does not swivel.
    - the pstat will be oriented differently as it is bigger, but that shouldn't be a problem. See the pictures in my topic.
    - cable routing is a bit different. See the pictures in my topic.
    - The 30amp has three post to connect the wires (instead of the two on the 20amp). It doesn't matter which you use; I used the outer ones.
  • Thank you, Jeroen, for your helpful reply. Do I need to use thread sealant or are bare threads OK?

Matt
  • I never use any sealant, so I guess bare is OK.
    As long as you do not over tighten copper tubing, it should seal just fine.
  • hi matt

ive sent you the PDF instructions

best

reiss.
  • Reiss Gunson post=13118 wrote: hi matt

best

reiss.

I've done the changeover, following your very helpful instructions. The only thing of note is that due to my machine having the steam wand on the left side, I had to find another position to fit the bigger pressurestat than that shown in the pdf. In fact, it turned out to be the original position!

Matt
  • Reiss Gunson post=13118 wrote: hi matt

best

reiss.

Hi Reiss, I realize this thread is years old, but can you please send me the PDF instructions to replace the pressure switch (20A to 30A) too? I am hoping to work on that this weekend, but could not find any documentation of the process by searching the forums / permanent file. I did find a few pictures of the process here:

https://londiniumespresso.com/forum/londinium-i-owners-forum/891-overpressure-valve-went-off?start=10

But the wiring seems backwards / opposite from what I see on the 20A pressure switch currently in my machine, and I just want to make sure I'm wiring it up correctly the first time.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide!

-Allen
  • @Reiss Gunson Are you able to email me the PDF instructions for replacing the 20A with 30A pressure switch too? Thanks Matt