This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

Machine will not turn on

A few weeks ago, while working inside my machine, I accidentally pulled out one of the wires that leads to the white LED from the on/off switch terminal.

I ordered a replacement LED, but meanwhile I thoughtlessly I left the red wire dangling out of the way.

Today, while I had the sides off, I decided to switch on the machine at the plug to see if it was working smoothly. Unfortunately, the exposed end of the red wire I had not made safe touched something which caused a bright spark and tripped the circuit breaker.

I then installed the replacement LED and switched the circuit back on. But the machine will not come on, although the wall plug has power again.

What do I do now?

Comments

• Fixed, for the moment. The main problem was that the Londinium plug has a 13 amp fuse inside it. I replaced that and the machine now turns on. I've left the LED disconnected for the moment, as I am not absolutely sure of how it plugs into the switch terminal. If anyone can post a photograph of those connections, I'd be very grateful.
  • In case my LR24 has the same connections, I took detailed pictures.

The forum software seems not to accept any pictures right now, so I used Wetransfer:

Wetransferhttps://wetransfer.com/downloads/5a0872e32a0b1306a55577be9e8e144120200719191538/bafb3ec3e67e006666a3c4529366a04120200719191538/3342fb
  • Thank you, Frans. In fact, it is the white ON light that I am wrestling with. From your picture redlight-05, I can see what I think is the critical junction. But the light blue wire doesn't exist in my array. If that wire is coming from the white LED, it would be the same as a red wire on my setup, I believe.
  • Sorry, I had misremembered your message and assumed you meant the RED light. Meanwhile I've re-wrapped the wires and closed the machine up again. If you still need pictures tomorrow I'll have a go at it again.
  • Thanks again for taking the trouble to help me out with this.
    Have a good evening,
    Matt
  • Matthew Hoffman post=17027 wrote: Fixed, for the moment. The main problem was that the ^UK Londinium plug has a 13 amp fuse inside it.

- the fused plug is something unique to the UK. our machines with non UK plugs are not fused.
  • hi matt

the wires of the white light plug onto piggy back connectors on the back of the ON/OFF switch - polarity does not matter

kind regards

reiss.
  • Frans Goddijn post=17028 wrote: In case my LR24 has the same connections, I took detailed pictures.

The forum software seems not to accept any pictures right now

this is due to Apple Photos now storing images in the .heic file format, which our website does not yet accept (assuming the image you are posting is being posted from Photos)

if you use the Export function in Apple Photos to save the image to your desktop (or wherever you like) you can change the file format to something that we do accept, like .jpeg

kind regards

reiss.
  • Thanks, Reiss. I connected it up today, after a little thought, and it worked first time. It doesn’t make a functional difference to have all the lights running, but it’s very satisfying.
    Best wishes,
    Matt