This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

Grinder Modifications

Most of us who have been making espresso for a while have wanted to make changes to their grinders.

Some folks want to change the Hopper or delete it.

Other people want to modify the doser to make it more accurate and to make it dump more of the grounds out of it's dosing hopper. Some eliminate the doser entirely can convert to chute, like a bag doser.

Then there are the electronic dosing machines that have a dosing cone or just a chute. Those get modified, especially if single dosing is your desire. I modified mine by removing the deflection plate inside the dosing cone AND removed the antistatic grid. I use RDT and do not have clumping but I do have to blow a puff of air down the grinder loading chamber to clear the grinding chamber and the dosing chute.

Then we have grinders that are specifically single dose grinders, like the HG-One and the Versalab. Those have been modified. I own both and both have been modded.

So, what have you all done to your grinders and what have you found with the results??

Here are a few photos of what I have done in the past few years. I am currently working on a plate to replace the Mazzer PF holder that will have a magnet in it and a bit wider/deeper shelf.