This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

Digital Pre-Infusion installation wire ? I’m

In the written instructions, and video linked on this forum, it states to follow the black wire from the pump to where it connects to the orange connector and use that black wire to connect to the purple wire on the new module. Simple enough, but on my machine the black wire from the pump connects to a blue wire. The white wire from the pump connects to the double orange wire connector.

As I hate letting the magic smoke out of electrical devices please advise which wire I should connect to the purple wire on the new module.

Thanks!
Tony

Comments

• Hi Tony

It’s an AC motor so it doesn’t matter that the polarity to the motor on your machine (and others) is the opposite to the installation video, but I agree that it’s confusing and disconcerting

My suggestion is you first swap the black and the white pump wires so they match what is shown in the video

Then you will be able to follow the instructions exactly as detailed in the video

Let me know how you get on

Reiss
  • Thanks Reiss!

That’s what I thought, but figured it was best to confirm.

Thanks again,
    Tony
  • All done, all good. Nice kit! Very smooth install. Set the offset to 1.0 from the 1.4 OEM setting as discussed elsewhere on this forum. Machines been on and up to pressure for about 30 min and no leaks so I’m calling it a success, done , and putting the covers back on and the machine back in place

Thanks,
    Tony
  • Hi Tony

Please confirm that you changed the offset from -1.4 to -1.0 bar

If it displays 1.0 it is set to +1.0 bar, which isn’t correct

It must be -1.0 bar

Here polarity is important :cheer:

Best

Reiss
  • Hi Reiss,

Thanks for double checking! Yes , I set it to -1.0. Just a typo on my part. Appreciate you paying attention and asking me to confirm.

Thanks,
    Tony
  • Great. Enjoy it; it delivers the full potential of the machine, allowing it to be configured for every roast level without pushing the machine out of equilibrium

Kind regards

Reiss