This forum is now read-only

To login to the new support channel and community forums, go to the Support Portal

boiler does not fillup from time2time

Hi,

My londinium R is connected to water main and I have recently have seen an issue when boiler need to be filled.
I'm doing americano so filling hot water after extracting espresso.

I have seen 2 different cases:
1. After filling hot water the alarm is on, while I have not seen the blue lamp on, so the machine did not try to fill water
2. The blue lamp is on, but no water is filled in

I've checked the water pipes and seems that everything is fine.

These two scenario happen happen ~3-4 times in the last two weeks.

Today when the alarm turned on, I've turned off the coffee machine and turned it on back after a minute and the water started to fill.

Any idea?

Thanks,
Jacob

Comments

• hi jacob

if the low water alarm goes off the machine switches itself off. multiple reasons can result in the low water alarm triggering. assuming you have joined the two low water probe wires when you converted the machine to plumbed in the low water sensor can be ruled out. if the boiler is unable to fill in i think 30 seconds the low water alarm will also sound. in your case there are two likely causes for this;

1. your water pressure feeding the machine with cold water is less than about 1.5 bar - take a static pressure reading of your cold water supply first as that is easiest

2. you have an obstruction in the inlet solenoid (there is a detailed video in the permanent file showing you how to service the inlet solenoid)

kind regards

reiss.